Sunday, August 10, 2003

After moving a little away from the edge of the cliff I've been standing near (going to the early dance tonight), I figured latenight would really help get me out of my down mood. Except, halfway through I stop feeling so outgoing, so I don't ask anymore guys to dance. They don't ask me either. There's one guy I'd been meaning to dance with, but didn't see till the last two dances- both of which he was clearly already dancing with other girls.

I miss friends that seek me out, even when other people distract them. It really kills me that entire nights can pass without certain people wanting to ask me for a dance. *sigh* Especially when I've asked them for the past few weeks.

Alex would seek me out, specifically wanting to dance with me... he left early though. So would Jonathan, probably.

I need to not care about this. And, I need to not stop being outgoing- because it blows not dancing for so long.... but it also really sucks that guys don't ask me to dance anymore. I tell myself it's probably because I'm not a very good dancer- and people see that when I dance so they don't dance unless I ask them. But deep down, that gets really hard to believe sometimes- other girls, the ones who are also too shy to ask guys get asked. Maybe they're prettier than I am.

Kat and Laur wouldn't approve of that thought. But that doesn't make it dissapear. :(

Maybe tomorrow will be better.

No comments: