Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Ugh. I feel kind of crumby right now... a bit nautious, and really really tired. I'd bet if you were to ask anyone awake around me, they'd tell you I was grumpy too.

Kat's dog stresses me out. She says that's bad, because he can sense my stress and that makes it worse for him... but I really can't help it. I think the way he snaps at people makes me afraid of him, and of other dogs. The past few weeks, I've caught myself shying away from other dogs more than I ever have before. And, I don't know how to not be nervous about it- even if he did just have a bad day, or is feeling a little threatened by a new person... I can't help but worry. Although, most of the time he is the sweetest dog in the world.

Also, I got teased a lot today, now that there is a certain boy in my life who I've been a bit excited about. I don't quite know how to respond to that... and I'm not quite sure what I'm getting myself into.

Saturday night, I prayed that God would send me a direct sign of where I should be this fall - Minneapolis or Seattle - and Sunday, God put Jonathan in my life. I've been not dating all summer though, partly because I don't want a guy to have the biggest impact of where I stay... I'm so young, and I havn't had a relationship that's worked out yet (obviously, or I wouldn't be nervous about a new one), and I know that a lot of relationships don't work out in the end. I guess, I don't want to stay if he's the only thing keeping me here, for fear of things not working between us.

I guess I should really talk to him, and figure out where exactly we stand. Anyway things work out, he's changing my life- probably for the better. But, this is big for me. Even though I've been hoping for someone... there are a lot of things that are going to be different. The biggest of which (as much as I hate to say it) is cuddling with one of my better Seattle friends on the nights he stays in town.

*sigh* I've got a lot of thinking to do. Only a week and a half left before I head home... and before I leave, I need to know if I'm coming back.

No comments: