Thursday, August 14, 2003

Less than a week before I leave for home, and I'm finally feeling like things are falling into place. Today was really good- I was actually able to not stress out for the greater majority of the time I was awake. Dancing tonight was awesome- I danced a lot more with Mike and Miles than I usually do, and I got to dance with David(?), Tacoma Alex, and Max all twice... I wish all my dancing nights were this fun. I'm not nearly so intimidated by people in Tacoma.

Remeber me when you're out walking. When snow falls high outside your door; Late at night when you're not sleeping, and moonlight falls across your floor, and I can't hurt you anymore. You'll find better love, strong as it ever was. Deep as the river runs, warm as the morning sun, but please remember me....
Please remember me.
-Tim McGraw


Laurie gives me a lot of crap for listening to the little country music I listen to, when she hears it.... but it gives me a strange sort of comforted feeling. It's something I can relate to, that I don't have to share with lots of people. It's something that Kari gave me an appreciation for- something that truely has a lot of sentimental value for me.

*sigh* I forgot to mention it.... but there was a part of tonight that was not cool. Apparently I still have a crush on a certain boy, no matter how hard I try to persuade myself otherwise. I flipped out a little bit at Mike, and punched him really hard a few times. It's weird how so much frustration can be relieved by just sharing with someone how much it gets to me. The worst part is... this boy- he's wrong for me. Everything about him goes against everything I believe. I want so much to not care.... but it just doesn't happen. It's aggrivating. And, especially when I freak out when I see him with other girls- that's just not cool.

I need to get a better hold of my emotions. *deep breath*

And, I need to stop caring so much if I'm the girl that every guy wants. I need to be happy just being me, and catching the attention of the few guys who notice me. :-/ It's better this way. I need to believe that.

Anyway, I'm waking up tomorrow early so I can meet Jonathan by 8:30. :) I'm excited I get to hang out with him tomorrow morning... I'm nervous too though. A good kind of nervous. I'm really still so glad I met him- he's going to be an awesome friend.

No comments: