Friday, April 24, 2009

One of the best tips I walked away with from my job counseling meeting was that I needed to find a book called What Color Is Your Parachute , by Richard N. Bolles.

I've been trying to read a little glob of pages every day since I picked up the book, since I haven't been job searching in the last week or two- I am just so burnt out. But today I found something interesting.

Apparently at least partly what has been causing much of the stress in my life is called Rejection Shock. >.> Sadly, knowing this doesn't help me figure out how to fight it, even though the book suggests looking at statistics (Even seeing the statistics, I can't seem to ignore all the things that are causing most of the stress to begin with).

Maybe getting through the book further will help even more.

Typically, job hunters fight 'rejection shock' by lowering their expectations, sinking into depression, feeling a real desperation and despair. Rejection shock can assume all the proportions of a major crisis in your life, your personal relations and your family, leading to withdrawal (often) or or estrangement (frequently).... -Richard Bolles, What Color Is Your Parachute

No comments: