Sunday, May 10, 2009

After Jeremy died, I found myself wishing quite often that God would take me too. I couldn't understand why I was still here, or for that matter why God keeps any of us on earth when there is something so much better waiting for us.

I don't wish for that so much these days, but sometimes I still find it really hard to understand why we are here. I guess most of the time I just don't think about it too much.

Except, right now, something about my life situation makes me think maybe it would be easier if I just knew why.

:/

I dunno. I think I was going somewhere with this line of thought, but it's lost in me now.

2 comments:

Susan K. said...

Oh, I KNOW this answer!

You are here to be my sister.
More specifically, my sister who is capable of mind melding with me and who makes my food on a regular basis.

You may exist to make my life easier. Is that so wrong?

Ours is not to question why.

Can we have chicken/rice casserole tomorrow for dinner?

Sam said...

If you were ment to know, then you already would. And if you already knew, what would be the point?

Life is a beautiful place of discovery. Take up a new hobby, paint a picture, join a soccer team, take up belly dancing. Be happy in knowing that Susan K likes your casserole.

Perhaps there is no point in life, except to make a mark of betterment on the world. A device that saves lives could be a betterment, but so could making a child smile.

Namaste नमस्ते
Sam